June 30, 2010

If you like Roselle, do you think you would like Roseola too?

I don't think so. Apa ke benda nye tu..some of you might wonder. Nama kain ke? Designer fabric Spring/Summer 2010 collection?..

None of the above. By definition.. Roseola (roseola infantum) is a mild illness caused by a virus. It is generally harmless and is most common in children 6 months to 2 years of age. It is rare after age 4. Please go here and here for more info on the illness.

Why am i writting about this? Because sweet little Akif has got it. He was down with a fever last weekend. I  mentioned that in my earlier post. He recovered from the fever on Monday. I thought it was because of his upper front teeth coming out. Then today, when he woke up from his nap, red spots had started to appear. I first noticed those that were on his face. I was thinking...why la he looks so 'comot'. Then..my motherly instinct told me to lift up his romper. Red spots were all over his chest & back.




I didn't panicked. Hakimi had Roseola once. And 2 years back, both Hakimi & Hafiy had chicken pox. Just to be sure, i took Akif to see the Doctor. After waiting for an hour, we finally get to see her. I was told not to worry as Akif is already on his way to recovery. The red rash should disappear in a day or two. Alhamdulillah. Imagine waiting for an hour with 3 bored & restless boys...Super mami had to put on her super hero suit today. Mission accomplished without mami having to use her weapons. Good cooperation boys!

On my way back from the clinic, i received an SMS from Rozi. Ajak pi Kamdar esok. With 'teary' heart, sob!sob! had to give it a pass. Terima kasih daun keladi, Lain kali ajak la lagi...

4 comments:

  1. hehehe... saya punye citer pun masuk blog gak ek... looks like i’ll be doing a solo with arwen as my co-pilot. my aunty pun kena pull out pasal my uncle eta from melaka is am instead of the original pm. Mak jalan gak, tak kira...

    Kiss kiss Akif. get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh..mesti masuk...meluahkan perasaan hehehe. La..ye ke..your aunty pun takdak? Well, have a great time tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure baby Akif will bounce back up in no time.. insyaallah.. well i suppose with all the experience up your sleeves, Akif being baby no-3 and all, this is no sweat at all.. but glad you shared the info.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue, for stopping by.Alhamdulillah, the red spot have gone. But still cranky & clingy. But as long as he's well, yang lain2 tu small matter je lah ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails