February 21, 2011

Chic 'Granny' Tote

I was commissioned with two different tote bags but with similarities- they are for grannies and both want theirs with zippers for closure. I used the same pattern as my Chic Mama Tote for these bags. It was a challenge for me as I have never sewn a bag with zipper for closure before. Only on pouches. I was worried they may not turn out okay. And boy, I was glad they did! :)

The first bag was for makcik Saorah, my former babysitter.  I went to her house a couple of weeks back as her daughter,Idra had just given birth to her second daughter. I gave Idra my signature bag, the chic mama tote I made a while back. It's the one here. Pink suits her perfectly - to carry her stuff and her girls' :). When makcik Saorah saw the bag, she liked it and wanted me to make something similar but simpler for her. Since it is not a mama bag, this bag comes with a zippered pocket and 2 slip pockets inside.




The second bag was commissioned by an ex-schoolmate, Ratna for her dear grandmother. Her granny likes the one she has (see Ratna's bag here) and wanted exactly the same. But after discussing, the bag was made two inches taller and but in the same color scheme - black & white. Since the polka dot fabric was no longer in stock, Ratna chose Silhoutte in Black for this bag. It has 3 zippered pocket outside and 1 zippered pockets and 2 slip pockets inside.


 I hope both ladies will be happy with their bags. To view more on the bags, click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails